Monday, March 03, 2008

The Glory

photo

Together for over a year now, the boyf and I have a ridiculous amount of common interests. I guess that makes for high compatibility, like-minded companions or however you want to put it. Off the top of my head, I can think of only two activities the boyf thrives on that I just can’t get into: public speaking and competitive running. That is not to say I can’t get into him doing those things.

So over the past year, I have helped him train for the Los Angeles marathon. Not that there’s much I could do, since he’s the one running 26 miles, but I supported and advised. And wouldn’t you know the machine of a man crossed the finish line in 2 hours and 57 minutes, coming in at number 75, out of 22,000 other people. There’s no way I can describe with accuracy the emotions that spew forward when seeing someone you care about accomplish something that major, so just insert about 22,000 explanation points after that last sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home