Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Senses Working Overtime

photo

Things are going well with my new gig so far, although I can’t exactly say I’m running the company yet or cutting deals with Amy Pascal. I am picking up a lot, though, mostly about how to swallow my pride and learn to wait my turn. Some days are more humbling than others, especially when I’m left standing around like Anne Hathaway. Sometimes, I get to ride a golf cart around the Sony lot, and it doesn’t really get more exciting than that*. If I’m going to do the office bit, I prefer to do it on a lot, which feels at times like wandering around on a college campus. I’m still astounded by the names that fly around the office, some of them ripped directly from the pages of Variety. I’m talking big, powerful people here. But, dear blahg, I’m going to be a Private Benjamin from now on, no hard feelings.


*Fun: When you're riding as a golf cart passenger, passing a tour group, hold a file folder up to your head and turn the other way. Then the group of tourists will assume you're somebody famous, and their digital cameras will flash.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

i LOVE the idea of you pretending to be famous for the tourists. good practice for the future, eh?

i wanna ride with you in a golf cart. 'cept i get to drive.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home