Friday, February 15, 2008

And Don't the Kids Just Love It


My fourth annual Hearts in the Beerlight Valentine party last night was met with a pleasingly big turnout. It was held at The Bar on Sunset, which is a lounge-type of dive bar that only starts to fill up around midnight. Chocolate-dipped strawberries and heart-shaped cookies were served. Ex-boyfriends went home with ex- girlfriends, one peer shocked the crowd with the introduction of a 49-year-old British beau, and the singles didn’t seem too bitter. As I defended the holiday in my invitation: In a 1381 poem honoring the engagement of Richard II, Geoffrey Chaucer was the first person to associate love with Valentine’s Day. But I don’t really care about all of that. I like Valentine’s Day because it’s an excuse to get together with friends and wear pink. I forgot to wear pink, but nobody seemed to mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

please tell me that is not a photo of your l.a. friends. i might have to reconsider a visit.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Toby Shuster said...

it's a j-o-k-e !

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home