Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Opposite of Hallelujah

image

After a month, I feel like I’m really starting to ease into my Los Angeles lifestyle. Driving, keeping order on directions, and the freeways’ concrete tentacles, is a little less intimidating. With every week, I’m a little closer to not crashing my car.

Unemployment – also a lifestyle in itself – is bearable so long as you find creative ways to spend your time. There’s always the random PA gig and it seems like every schmo in this town has a script that needs “fresh eyes,” which is easy money. As the initial shock of not getting what I want has worn off, I’ve grown slightly more used to rejection on the job front. I guess that’s what I signed up for when I decided to enter the most competitive industry in the goddamn country.

In all honesty, though, it seems like it’d be awfully challenging to truly have a bad day here. The Los Angelinos are a determinedly happy group and the scenery does not allow for it to be otherwise.

4 Comments:

Blogger ultrafknbd said...

"Ask for what you want. If you get it, that's good. If you don't, that's wonderful."
~zen koan

You're Hallelujah is inspired.

9:41 AM  
Blogger ultrafknbd said...

Did I just write "you're" rather than "your"? Pathetic in both execution and my sad pondering thereof.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Toby Shuster said...

your "you're" is perfectly accepted.

11:13 AM  
Blogger claire said...

Cody and I went to see Jens last night. Oh, swoon.
Good to see you last weekend. I guess now it's my turn to go where you live.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home