Monday, October 15, 2007

Up Around the Bend

A couple nights ago, I was reunited with my personal music gurus, Zach+Jed. They were DJing this party I'd been looking forward to for a while now, hyped up for being in the Hollywood Hills, the house where both Fred Astaire and Einstein used to live (at separate times, of course).

I have to admit I was a little disappointed upon arrival, unfortunately. The location isn't so much in the Hollywood Hills, as the Hollywood foothills. And the house itself isn't as grandiose as I expected. Sure, it held 500 people, but there was no pool or sweeping view of the Hollywood sign.

I'm sure Astaire and Einstein lived there at one point, before their careers really took off. But to be honest, Astaire probably never took Ginger back to that little hovel, and Einstein maybe practiced his math there, but it was definitely not fit for his physics exercises.

Nonetheless, Zach and Jed spun a good set, especially since they're the only DJ's I know who aren't afraid to put on some Waylon Jennings every once in a while. And the crowd was certainly easy on the eyes, suitable enough for a first Hollywood party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home