Friday, November 30, 2007

The Flying Club Cup

image


So I finally did it: found a job I can call my own. I might’ve hit my ass on every step of schlock the film industry has to offer in order to reach this point, but I did it.

In a marketplace where new media is reportedly replacing film – the most successful people in town think of at least six webisodes before breakfast – I’ve somehow managed to snag a job that seems refreshingly old school. I’m reading actual books all day and getting paid for it. Because the company I’m working for is a production machine, I’ll learn a thing or two about development in the middle of all that reading.

And the best part about it, really, is that I did it all on my own. Everybody kept saying, “It’s all about who you know, you won’t find a job without connections, blah blah blah.” But I applied online, nailed the interviews and writing samples, and made that job mine.

Ta da.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

la la la!

if only i could take you out for a congratulatory drink. in the meantime, belated phonery will have to do.

9:01 PM  
Blogger James said...

you can send me my cd now:

james
4210 rosecrest way
sacramento, ca 95826

thanks.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Chelsea Arkin said...

i am so proud of you! you dont have to be an urban planner after all (which i am realizing may not be so much fun in the long run).
chelsea

5:32 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You could've just titled this post, "I'm awesome".

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of 4 webisodes before I even opened my eyes this morning.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Toby Shuster said...

oh, scott rudin, what an honor!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home