Friday, September 14, 2007

Heart Food


It's not all relaxation on the homestead, though, especially when following my dad's motto, "You don't work, you don't eat." Lamps, that's how we make a living around here. For 30 years now, my parents have been running the most expansive lamp store in the Southeast, one of the last tried and true Mom & Pop stores of its kind. And when I'm home, I work. It's not always so glamorous, helping Southern housewives with too much time on their hands find the lamps of their dreams. But all those lamps put me and my two older brothers through college, as well as instill in me a heightened appreciation for light fixtures that goes beyond the average human's basic understanding of light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

is that a lamp store lamp???

and...i'll be calling you come 4:30 and i'm walking home from work looking for something to entertain me. watch for it!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger claire said...

tobie! that lamp store is amazing! Also, did you write those descriptions? They are amazing. I miss you. Come see me, because I can't follow tacocat all the was to LA for a reunion.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home