Monday, June 11, 2007

Vicious Traditions


Even though I've only seen a total of three Sopranos episodes, and this superbly edited little clip, I had to watch the finale last night. I wanted to feel a small part of the phenomenon and, well, I'm a sucker. Having felt no connection to any of the characters, least of all Tony, I wanted somebody big to die last night and I was disappointed when that didn't happen. Actually, I was pissed off. Today, however, I couldn't get Journey out of my head. I also hunted down the poem that the little turd A.J. referenced and it all makes sense. The entire episode plays out like Yeats says, and now I think David Chase is kind of brilliant. Nonetheless, I don't think I am going to spend two months of my life watching the entire show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home