Monday, January 29, 2007

The Girl's Distracted



We made stellar use of the MTA system last weekend. Along the F line, we went to Coney Island and DUMBO, my favorite afternoon combo, then back through Manhattan, for Thai food and another UCB show, and back out to Park Slope, for some Bocce ball, and there were several other stops along the way, but I can't remember at this point.

I do remember two nights of dancing. There was one night at the Royal Oak, where you're out of luck if you lose a friend with dark brown hair and side swept bangs, because everyone in the joint has dark brown hair and side swept bangs, which is plainly frustrating. The second night was spent at Bembe, which is a sure bet for real dancing -- especially if you like being one of the only white people in a Latin music dance club -- although I couldn't tell you how to get there if my life depended on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home