Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Transparent Things


I'm sorry, music industry, I take back what I said about you being an unbearable shit-storm. You see, that was before I listened to the Burial album and now, well, now I love you again.
After hearing a good friend harp on about this album for the past five months, I finally decided to download some of the artist's stuff. And now I need to extend that apology to my friend, whose taste I should always trust and never, ever doubt again. Everybody should have at least three such friends.
So taken was I with the few songs I downloaded, that I went to this store where they sell CD's and I bought the entire thing. That's right, for the first time in almost two years, I actually bought a CD. A whole CD, paid in cash.
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this album. Technically, it's labeled dub music and, normally, I don't touch the stuff. But it just sounds so new. And by new, I mean I've never heard anything like it before, which is the only way to get oneself out of a music funk.
You, dear reader, must listen to this album in its entirety and you must listen to it at night, preferably while walking around the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home