Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bringing It All Back Home

But before moving to Los Angeles, I am taking a pit stop in Nashville for a couple of weeks to catch up with my family. After falling into a grilled cheese rut back in New York, it feels good to have access to a real kitchen and nothing, absolutely nothing, beats sitting around the dinner table with my family. The first weekend I was home, I experimented with different cocktails of relaxation cocktails: sleeping in, catching up on TV (my grandmother's endless loop of Law and Order and Turner Classic Movies), reading, and movies. It's pretty easy to fully appreciate all the amenities of home, from my mom's old collection of vinyl she's been carting around since the '60's, to this one drawer she has that contains about eight kinds of scotch tape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home