Monday, June 05, 2006

Do You Want New Wave or Do You Want the Truth?

When I saw this commercial last weekend, I laughed and laughed and laughed. Oh how far Skittles has come in their marketing campaign! Remember their cheery little psychedelic 'Taste the Rainbow' spots? Look at 'em now! They're showing a creepy dude, with an old man river beard, stealing his boss's Skittles and then caressing her face, with HIS BEARD! Seriously. Can you get any funnier than that? Nope. I'm convinced that somebody from my generation hatched this simple little thirty second spot because it's so wry, so outlandish, and so completely idiotic. I am genuinely excited to see what other creative insights my peers spit out in the next few years, so get cracking everybody.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed

4:07 PM  
Blogger Toby Shuster said...

I ATE 43 BAGS OF SKITTLES TODAY, HOW ABOUT YOU?

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home