Monday, February 26, 2007

To Hell with Good Intentions

Well I must say that was the most boring Oscars ceremony I have ever seen. Where was Adrian Brody accosting Halle Berry, or Billy Crystal editing himself into the Best Picture nominees? Most upsetting to me, however, was watching the acceptance of Little Miss Sunshine for best Original Screenplay.

Aside from the fact that I did not actually see the film (I like to avoid total schlock vehicles), it’s the screenwriter dude’s speech that really got to me. Here, he said something like this:


"When I was growing up, my family took a cross country trip in a VW bus and it was the funnest time of my life."

What? What! Funnest. What kind of writer accepts an award, on national television, standing in front of Peter O’Toole, by slaughtering the English language?


On a brighter note, I think Cate Blanchett is the most beautiful person alive at the moment and any casting director who saw her at the podium, alongside Clive Owen, would be a fool not to pair the two of them in an onscreen romance.

Get it together, Hollywood, get it together.

1 Comments:

Blogger ultrafknbd said...

Yes, the funnest. I would even say he may have been reaching for some irony but Terry Southern he ain't. And Cate and Clive are filming "together" but not sure if they will share any screen. What makes Cate so beautiful, in addition to her, um, beauty, is the depth of her talent.

*sigh*

And the same goes for Kate Winslet.

*sigh* again

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home