Friday, October 13, 2006

Smile Around the Face



I just called my best friend, whose husband just passed a kidney stone, and upon picking up, she asked, “What are you doing home on a Friday night?”

It is Friday night and I am sitting at home. This is not because there is nothing going on; it’s New York for Chrissakes. No, it’s just that last week was a string of Friday nights disguised as week nights and now, well, now I’m kind of tired.

So I turned on the stove, for the first time since I moved into this apartment a month and a half ago, and made some pasta. The pasta could’ve been better, but I’m not picky. Then I watered this lazy houseplant we have in our kitchen/livingroom/diningroom/office, and vacuumed the rug.

It’s not like I’m turning over a new leaf or anything but I can do this stuff. Every once in a while – I can do this stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home