Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ping Pong Affair



photo

We pay continuous partial attention in an effort NOT TO MISS ANYTHING. It is an always-on, anywhere, anytime, any place behavior that involves an artificial sense of constant crisis. We are always in high alert when we pay continuous partial attention. This artificial sense of constant crisis is more typical of continuous partial attention than it is of multi-tasking.


I think I found my diagnosis. Sure, it’s kinda bullshit, or at least not legitimate enough to be featured on Web MD, House, or a waiting room medical poster. I think that if you’re reading this, you’re plagued as well. I think it’s somewhat hereditary – don’t argue –easily transmissible and unfortunately untreatable yet not deadly. Or maybe it’s just a symptom of being in your 20’s in the 21st Century. I don’t know; I didn’t even finish reading the article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home